Location: Camberley, Surrey
Tempest Photography (H. Tempest Ltd) is a family-owned business specialising in portrait and group photographs for the Education sector - schools, nurseries and universities - and also for the UK’s uniformed services, (with a strong emphasis on work undertaken for the British Army). The company’s head office and production facility is based near the picturesque town of St Ives in Cornwall, and is staffed by up to 400 employees, in addition the company employs around 600 photographers throughout the UK. Our work for the Military market is largely conducted via our permanent satellite office in Surrey.
We are now seeking a confident, proactive, highly efficient administrator who has a pleasant manner and the confidence to work with all ranks of the British Army.
- Creating bespoke artwork using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Administrative duties from initial bookings to completion
- Liaising between the customer and team for photographic assignments with HM Armed Forces
- Face-to-face sales at various locations within the UK
- Processing of orders and payment
Essential attributes of ideal candidate:
- Highly organized and efficient with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise an ever-changing workload.
- Strong computer skills (specifically experienced in the use of MS Word and Excel, as well as Adobe design
- software such as Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Excellent attention to personal deportment and presentation: you will be invariably smartly dressed, and highly
- professional in appearance and general behavior
- Be flexible in working times as early starts/late finishes may be necessary during term-time
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: You enjoy meeting new people and possess the confidence to work with all age groups and also with high ranking dignitaries and officials. You have an excellent command of language, both written and verbal, formal and informal.
- Good standard of basic fitness: There will be physical work involved when carrying photographic equipment from shoot to shoot, delivering framed photographs, as well assisting with the erecting & dismantling of our pyramid staging.
- Note: All shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo a DBS (CRB) check prior to employment (or provide verifiable details of any previous such checks undertaken) plus a basic security check and must also provide two referees.
Desirable attributes of ideal candidate:
- Full clean UK Driving License.
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Working with a dedicated team of professional photographers based in a historic military establishment
- Peoples Pension scheme after three months, Group life scheme at the next renewal date following the completion of 12 months service
- Bonus scheme linked to the gross turnover of Tempest Military UK & Overseas.
Starting salary: £19,500
Increasing by a further £500 per annum after six months, assuming the appointee makes sufficient progress in this time.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is December 20th 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.